when the hot weather arrives nothing helps more our digestion than a fresh light salad. This one is not only a truly bomb of iron but a blend of flavors that dance together in the palate until last bite.
I must confess that this recipe was inherited from my mother in law who cooks amazing -just not as healthy as I would like- so I made a little exclusion (bacon!!!!!) a small substitution and voilá! the outcome is still a delicious, crunchy, fresh and no brainer salas that everyone will love.
Top of the day? it´s all raw and you can have it ready in less than 8 minutes!
you will need:
- 1 bag (aprox 4 cups) of baby spinach leaves already washed and drained.
- 2 cups of sliced white mushrooms
- 1 cup of raw pecan halves (lightly chopped)
- 1 small red onion finely chopped in a processor or blender
- 1/2 cup extra virgen olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 4 tbsp brown sugar (1 tbsp of brown sugar and 1 tbsp stevia extract will make a perfect substitute if you have sugar issues or you are counting calories)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
mix all dressing ingredients in a glass jar, secure lid and shake it until well blended (if you make this in advance it will get smoother). but….. if you are like me, always preparing last minute meals, then put all ingredients but the vinegar in the blender (yes even the onion cut in two halves), blend for 1 minute and add the vinegar, mix well -do not blend or it will emulsify- and your 2 minute dressing is ready.
on a salad bowl or nice tray arrange a bed with the spinach leaves, then another smaller layer of mushrooms and sprinkle with the pecans. shake dressing well and pour over salad right before serving.
I hope your family enjoy this recipe as mushrooms as mine! I will wait for your comments and feel free to share any variation or idea that will make this salad more creative!