Technically a nut, Hemp seeds are exceptionally nutritious and rich in healthy fats, protein and various minerals.
Hemp seeds are produced from the hemp plant, Cannabis sativa L.
While hemp is commonly confused with marijuana, as it belongs to the same family, the two plants are quite different. Most notably is the level of THC, Hemp contains less than 1% of the psychoactive drug while marijuana contains up to 20% or more.
Hemp plants are cultivated for industrial use and harvested for their fibers, seeds, oils, and meal. Industrial hemp seeds are available in different forms. They can be sterilized, toasted, roasted, or cracked and can be pressed into oil or hulled into meal, providing numerous benefits.
Hemp seeds contain the perfect balance of essential amino acids for sustaining good health. In addition, hemp seed oil contains necessary fatty acids, also known as good fats. Not only can hemp seeds provide valuable nutritional benefits to people, but they can also be used in pet foods and taste good too.
· All 20 amino acids, including the 9 essential amino acids (EAAs) our bodies cannot produce.
• A high protein percentage of the simple proteins that strengthen immunity and fend off toxins.
• Eating hemp seeds in any form could aid, if not heal, people suffering from immune deficiency diseases. This conclusion is supported by the fact that hemp seed has been used to treat nutritional deficiencies brought on by tuberculosis, a severe nutrition blocking disease that causes the body to waste away.
• Nature’s highest botanical source of essential fatty acid, with more essential fatty acid than flax or any other nut or seed oil.
• A perfect 3:1 ratio of Omega-6 Linoleic Acid and Omega-3 Linolenic Acid – for cardiovascular health and general strengthening of the immune system.
• A superior vegetarian source of protein considered easily digestible.
• A rich source of phytonutrients, the disease-protective element of plants with benefits protecting your immunity, bloodstream, tissues, cells, skin, organs and mitochondria.The richest known source of polyunsaturated essential fatty acids.
So try our organic Hulled Hemp seeds on any dish you want, add them to a smoothie or just have a bunch of them as snacks. We also carry Hemp Protein, Hemp oil and Unshelled roasted salted hemp seeds.